G-NEWS (DILI) – In a momentous ceremony today, Nobel Peace Laureate and President of Timor-Leste, J. Ramos-Horta, conferred Medals of Merit and Diplomas of Recognition upon twelve Chinese Medical personnel for their exceptional contributions to Timor-Leste’s healthcare sector development. This act of acknowledgment stands as a symbol of deep appreciation for their unwavering dedication and services.
Since the inception of the cooperation agreement between the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste and the People’s Republic of China under the First Constitutional Government of Timor-Leste, China has been a steadfast supporter of Timor-Leste’s health sector. This support began with the arrival of the first batch of the Medical Team in December 2003, marking a pivotal moment in Timor-Leste’s healthcare journey. Over the years, 123 Chinese medical personnel have been dedicated to serving in Timor-Leste.
The 9th Batch of Chinese Medical Team, comprising 12 medical personnel, has tirelessly conducted a wide array of medical activities over a span of two years. They played a pivotal role in various specialized areas including cardiology, urology, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics, anesthesia, TCM rehabilitation, nursing, intensive care medicine, and radiology. Their achievements range from pioneering laparoscopic surgeries to introducing innovative medical techniques.
Of particular note is the establishment of the National Lithotripsy Center of Timor-Leste, providing essential urological services to the community. The introduction of Holter monitoring technology and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring has filled critical gaps in healthcare services.
In a collaborative effort, the team has also actively engaged in capacity-building initiatives, training local health professionals in advanced medical technologies, ensuring the sustainability of their impact.
In addition to their pivotal roles at the National Hospital Guido Valadares, this Medical Team has gone above and beyond, conducting numerous free medical visits to remote villages. Through these efforts, they have reached over 3000 patients, in remote areas, who otherwise would have faced challenges in accessing medical care. The team also distributed medicines free of charge, conducted over 250 Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) diagnoses, and provided 270 X-ray reports across various health centers in Timor-Leste, showcasing the team’s dedication to comprehensive healthcare.
The following individuals from the 9th Batch Chinese Medical Team have been honored by the President of Timor-Leste:
- Liu Yabin, Department of Radiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Chengdu Medical college
- Xie Yunfeng, Department of Urology, The First People’s Hospital of Neijiang
- Zhang Ke, Department of General Surgery, Sichuan Cancer Hospital
- Liang Xiaobo, ICU, Southwest Medical University Affiliated Hospital
- Zhang Min, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, People’s Hospital of Deyang
- Long Hua, Department of Anesthesia, The Second People’s Hospital of Deyang
- Zheng Maowen, Department of Nurse, Sichuan Provincial People’s Hospital
- Zeng Hao, Department of orthopedics, Neijiang Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Wen Lianbin, Department of cardiology, Sichuan Provincial People’s Hospital
- He Lingna, Department of Acupuncture, Chengdu Traditional Chinese Medicine University Affiliated Hospital
- Pan Meiling, Health Department of Sichuan International Communication Center
- Xu Xigui, Health Department of Sichuan International Communication Center
The 9th Batch Chinese Medical Team has successfully concluded their term of service. The newly arrived twelve Medical Personnel of the 10th Batch have assumed their duties at the National Hospital Guido Valadares as of 18th October 2023. All Chinese Medical Teams serving in Timor-Leste hail from Sichuan Province, People’s Republic of China.
Journalist/Source : Public Relations PR
Editor : G-News